Bruschetta with Warm Tomatoes
Use any variety of small summer tomatoes you find at the market; for a gorgeous look, mix tomato colors and shapes, such as yellow and orange pear tomatoes paired with red grape tomatoes.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 129
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 18.5g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 293mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 2 1/2 cups grape, pear, or cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1-ounce) slices gluten-free French bread
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients, and let stand 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add tomato mixture, and cook 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- 3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add bread; cook 2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Rub 1 side of each toast slice with the cut sides of garlic clove halves. Serve tomato mixture over toast.
Heating the tomatoes intensifies their sweetness while preserving their bright, fresh flavor.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note