Bruschetta with Mozzarella and Smashed Fresh Favas
Photo: John Kernick
More From Food & Wine
- 1 pound (about 2 cups) fresh fava beans, shelled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 16 grilled baguette slices
- 1/4 pound buffalo mozzarella, torn into thin strips
- Aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced mint leaves
- In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the fava beans until the skins start to loosen, 1 1/2 minutes. Drain and squeeze out the favas. Transfer the favas to a food processor and add the oil, lemon juice and zest and pulse to a coarse puree. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the fava-bean puree on the toasts and top with the mozzarella strips. Drizzle the toasts with the balsamic vinegar, scatter the mint on top and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This