We had this for our supper club gathering and it was a HIT! I will make it again, but maybe with a little less garlic. We sliced the apples thinly and served on top of the cheese...so good!!
Bruschetta Gorgonzola and Apples
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke and Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 148
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 21.4g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 263mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon brandy or cognac
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 (1-ounce) slices diagonally cut French bread (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 3 Granny Smith apples, each cut into 8 wedges (about 18 ounces)
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until blended.
- Place bread slices on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from grill. Rub cut sides of garlic over one side of each bread slice. Spread 2 teaspoons cheese mixture over each bread slice. Serve with apple wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bruschetta Gorgonzola and Apples Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine