Bruschetta For Those Who Hate Tomatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 5 clove(s) garlic finely minced
- 1 pint(s) red grape tomatoes halved lengthwise and pitted!
- 1 pint(s) yellow grape tomatoes halved lengthwise and pitted!
- 16 whole(s) basil leaves sliced chopped whatever
- 1 whole(s) baguette sliced
- 8 tablespoon(s) butter, you heard me... 8.
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar or 3,,,
- 1. In a small skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir until golden - do not let garlic get too brown. Pour into mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- 2. Add tomatoes (obviously, if you do like tomatoes it isn't necessary to pit them but for me, a single seed will quite nearly make me puke... I'm sure you're ravenous after hearing that), balsamic, basil and salt/pepper if you absolutely have to. I add a few twists of fresh pepper, but never salt. Just don't think it needs it. Stick mixture in the refrigerator while you prep the rest.
- 3. Cut the baguette diagonally. Melt half of the butter in a humongous skillet (if you don't have a large skillet this part is going to take you forever... I know from experience). Stick half of the baguette slices in the skillet and cook until golden on both sides. Repeat with other half of butter and bread.
- 4. Lay out all of your glorious bread and usually I (because I LOVE vinegar) put my finger over the top of the balsamic vinegar and just shake it over all of the bread pieces so just the tiniest amount gets sprinkled on each piece. Well maybe not the tiniest... but I'm trying to be normal here.
- 5. Get the tomato mixture out of the fridge and give it a stir really close to your face and take in all of the wonder that is this bruschetta mixture. Spoon GENEROUSLY over each baguette slice and dig in. I feel so awful about eating so many of these I usually just say to hell with the main course and a couple of these is dinner. For the love of god they are delicious. Okay, enough.
- Photo c/o ThePioneerWoman.com
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kaytivstheworld and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bruschetta For Those Who Hate Tomatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers