Very quick and easy. I used baby bello mushrooms. I omitted the anchovy paste in the olive tapenade (seafood allergy). My guests loved both.
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 pound mushrooms, chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic, 2 minced, 1 smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus 1/3 cup lightly packed leaves
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil with the butter over moderately high heat. Add the mushrooms, the minced garlic, the salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and the sage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, put the olives, parsley leaves, smashed garlic, anchovy paste, the remaining 6 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Blend or process to a coarse puree.
- 3. Spread the mushroom mixture on eight of the bruschetta, and the tapenade on the rest.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This