- 1 long loaf baguette bread, cut into 30 slices (about 1/2-inch each)
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 bag (16 oz) Birds Eye® Pepper Stir-Fry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Brush both sides of each bread slice with oil. Place bread on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven until golden brown.
Melt butter and brown sugar in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over MEDIUM heat.
Add Pepper Stir-Fry and vinegar and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until moisture has evaporated and vegetables have caramelized. Season with salt and pepper.
Top each toasted bread slice with a portion of the peppers, some crumbled goat cheese and a few slices of basil.