Bruschetta and Black Mission Figs and Gorgonzola
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine, Merlot
- 8 ounce(s) dried black mission figs stemmed, halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) anise seed
- 1/2 loaf country style bread cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup(s) gorgonzola crumbled
- 2 tablespoon(s) flat leaf parsley chopped
- Preheat the broiler.
- Combine the wine, figs, bay leaf, and anise seed in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, until the figs are rehydrated and soft. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Remove the bay leaf, transfer to a food processor, and puree. At this point you can store the mixture in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to one month.
- Put the bread slices on a baking sheet and place under the broiler for 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Spread a thin layer of the fig puree over the bread slices. Crumble the Gorgonzola and spread equal amounts atop the fig puree on each bruschetta. Place under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese begins to melt. Cut each slice into 3 pieces on the diagonal, sprinkle with the parsley, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psschmidt2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bruschetta and Black Mission Figs and Gorgonzola Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers