This stew was delicious. My grandchildren ate 2 bowls each and asked for leftovers to take home for lunch the next day. I did use browned ground beef instead of pork - mainly because I always remember gr.beef in the stew. The next time I make it I will cook the chicken myself to lower the sodium count, reduce the BBQ sauce to 1/2 bottle, as it was a little sweet for my husband & I, and add lima beans. My husband asked that I add polish sausage also & I will consider...
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 stick(s) butter
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 3 potatoes diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 whole(s) rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 pound(s) shredded pork
- 28 ounce(s) can crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 ounce(s) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can(s) sweet corn kernals
- 1 can(s) cream style corn
- 1 bottle(s) bbq sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- hot sauce to taste
- Heat the butter in a large skillet, Add garlic and sauté for one minute. Add potatoes, celery, onion and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add stock, chicken and pork and bring to a rolling boil. Turn heat back down to medium and continue to cook until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. Then add rest of the ingredients to the pot. Cover and simmer for 2 hours. If cooking in a crock pot, cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve in a bowl by itself or over rice. Delicious with crackers or cornbread.
- NOTE: This makes probably a gallon or more of stew, so if you aren’t having company over for dinner, I would put half in a freezer container to save for another meal later!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AmyByrnes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note