In a large pot, saut onion and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Now add pork, water and the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce to a very low heat and simmer 1 hour, stirring 3 or 4 times during the hour. Delicious served with corn muffins! Makes 5 Quarts.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) oil
- 1 t. minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 lbs. shredded pork (I buy it from my favorite BBQ place)
- 4 cups water
- 1 (32-ounce) Ore-Ida frozen cubed hash browns
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 3 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with onion and garlic, undrained
- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- cup BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ Sauce)
- 1 T. worstershire sauce
- 1 T. hot sauce ( I use Franks)
- 1 t. each of garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper (use more if you like)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Samnerk74 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
brunswick stew Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes