- 1 (5-pound) stewing hen
- 1 (3-pound) chuck roast, cooked, cooled, and shredded
- 1 (3-pound) pork loin roast, cooked, cooled, and shredded
- 5 cups beef broth
- 3 (16-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 (12-ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups catsup
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place chicken in a large Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 2 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken from broth; cool. Bone chicken, and grind meat using coarse blade of meat grinder.
- Transfer 5 cups chicken broth to a large stock pot; reserve remaining broth for use in other recipes. Add ground chicken and remaining ingredients, stirring until well blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3 hours.
- Ladle stew into individual bowls, and serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This