My 10 year old son referred to this as "the most amazing after school snack I have ever had!" I agree. I have also served this with brunch and as a dessert. So quick and easy to make yet it looks like you've expended a lot of effort on it.....this has become one of my staples....great to serve something healthy to my family and friends!
Jim Bathie; Jan Gautro
Assemble everything but the granola and almonds ahead of time, and store in the refrigerator for up to an hour. Sprinkle with granola and almonds just before serving for the optimum crunch.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 parfait)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 279
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 8.7g
- Carbohydrate: 53.5g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 94mg
- Calcium: 240mg
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup low-fat granola without raisins (such as Kellogg's)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Place apricot preserves in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at high for 10 to 15 seconds or until preserves melt. Add strawberries, and toss gently to coat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup yogurt into each of 4 parfait glasses; top each serving with 1/3 cup strawberry mixture. Repeat the layers with the remaining yogurt and strawberry mixture. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons granola and 1 1/2 teaspoons almonds. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brunch Parfaits Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch