Like a homemade Egg McMuffin! I halved the recipe and prepared it the night before, letting it sit out for about 30 minutes before baking. I served over half of a toasted English muffin. The whipping cream/cheese mixture was rich and decadent, cut by the hard-boiled consistency of the egg yolk. It was a beautiful, easy recipe with TONS of flavor.
The prep time for this recipe is so short you can do everything in the morning, but we went ahead and assembled a portion of the recipe the night before to make it even easier. It's delicious served on top of split, toasted English muffins, and has the look of a cheesy eggs Benedict.
- 12 thin Canadian bacon slices
- 3 (4-ounce) packages shredded Swiss cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place bacon in a single layer in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with Swiss cheese. Cover; chill up to 8 hours, if desired.
- Break eggs over cheese, spacing evenly. Pour whipping cream over eggs; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 425º for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and paprika. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; sprinkle with parsley. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note