Brownsburg Barbecue Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) cider vinegar
- 1 cup(s) Water
- 1 cup(s) Salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) Poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon(s) Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) White pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) Liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoon(s) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chicken pieces, skin on
- In a 2 quart sauce pan add vinegar and water and bring to a boil. Then lower heat to simmer.
- Add salt and stir until dissolved.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the oil. Stir until well mixed, then add the olive oil.
- Allow to cool to Luke warm, then pour into a quart size mason jar. Fill remaining void with more water and shake the dickens out of it before adding to the chicken.
- For best results, it is better if you can allow the sauce to set over night unrefrigerated.
- Pour enough parts over chicken pieces in plastic zip lock bag to cover all parts and allow to marinate for at least 4-5 hours-overnight is best.
- Save about 1/2 of the mix to use to baste while cooking.
- Cook the chicken very hot at first to quickly brown the skin, then cook on low until done, basting frequently.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dswartzel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brownsburg Barbecue Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes