Brownies with Fudge Icing
These fudgy homemade brownies are packed with chopped pecans and topped with a rich cocoa icing.
Yield: 2 dozen
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Fudge Icing
- Cook chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and cool mixture slightly.
- Beat eggs and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until thick and pale (about 5 minutes). Fold one-third of chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Fold in remaining chocolate mixture, flour, and pecans. Pour into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Pour warm Fudge Icing over hot brownies. Cool on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note