Brownies Filled with Caramel Candies
- 1 21 1/2-ounce package brownie mix
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 pound milk chocolate-covered caramel patties*
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, adding walnuts. Spoon half of mixture into a greased 13- x 9-inch baking pan. Place caramel patties in an even layer over the mixture. Spoon remaining batter over candies.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
- *In testing we used See's milk chocolate-covered caramel patties. They may be ordered from See's Candies, P.O. Box 93025, Long Beach, CA. 90809-3025, 800-877-7337.
- One (8-ounce) package of Rolo chewy caramels in milk chocolate could also be used in this recipe.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note