I made this for a friend's 40th birthday lunch. It was a huge hit! Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. I called it "Older Than Dirt Trifle." : )
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
Chill: 8 Hours
- 1 (19.8-ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur (optional)
- 1 (3.9-ounce) package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 1 (8.7-ounce) package toffee-flavored candy bars, crushed
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions in a 13- x 9-inch pan. Prick tops of warm brownies at 1-inch intervals with a wooden pick, and brush with coffee liqueur, if desired. Crumble into small pieces.
- 2. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, omitting chilling.
- 3. Place half of crumbled brownies in bottom of a 3-quart trifle bowl; top with half each of pudding, candy bars, and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Kahlúa for coffee liqueur.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts