I made this for a friend's 40th birthday lunch. It was a huge hit! Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. I called it "Older Than Dirt Trifle." : )
Trifles are an easy fix to providing an elegant and rich dessert for your family or when entertaining. Southern Living's brownie trifle recipe uses boxed brownie mix and pudding to make this recipe quick to prepare but loaded with chocolaty goodness!
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
Chill: 8 Hours
- 1 (19.8-ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur (optional)
- 1 (3.9-ounce) package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 1 (8.7-ounce) package toffee-flavored candy bars, crushed
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions in a 13- x 9-inch pan. Prick tops of warm brownies at 1-inch intervals with a wooden pick, and brush with coffee liqueur, if desired. Crumble into small pieces.
- 2. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, omitting chilling.
- 3. Place half of crumbled brownies in bottom of a 3-quart trifle bowl; top with half each of pudding, candy bars, and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Kahlúa for coffee liqueur.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note