I made this to take to our mother's day dinner. I thought it would be a great dessert for the kids since we usually have such "adult" dishes. This was the only dessert that had not one drop left over. I used chopped pecans on top and chocolate syrup in place of caramel. My mom even requested one for her birthday. Awesome!
This easy brownie trifle is a rich, decadent dessert that adults and kids alike are sure to love.
- 2 (21-ounce) packages chewy fudge brownie mix
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 2 (8-ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 2 (3.3-ounce) packages instant white chocolate pudding
- 1 (12 1/4-ounce) jar caramel topping
- Prepare each brownie mix according to package directions for chewy brownies in a 13- x 9-inch pan. Cool; break into large pieces.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; beat in marshmallow cream. Stir in 1 container of whipped topping; set mixture aside.
- Stir together milk and white chocolate pudding mix, stirring until thickened. Stir in remaining container of whipped topping.
- Crumble half of brownie pieces in an even layer in bottom of a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over brownies; drizzle evenly with caramel topping. Pour pudding evenly over caramel topping; crumble remaining brownie pieces over top. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix and Smuckers Caramel Topping.
For a change, assemble this trifle in a 3-quart bowl. Measure the size of your bowl with water; it should hold at least 12 cups. Assemble the brownie pieces, marshmallow mixture, pudding, and caramel topping in several layers when using a deep bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note