I made this in 8 ounce tumblers. Very nice presentation. I am a chocolate lover and thought this was a very rich dessert. I made it 24 hours a head of time and the marscapone mixture did get a little hard. Overall it was a huge hit and there were no leftovers!! I would make it again.
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
Bake: 42 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur
- 1/3 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 1/2 (4-oz.) semisweet chocolate bars, divided
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-oz.) container mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Stir together coffee liqueur and coffee.
- 3. Coarsely chop 1 chocolate bar. Microwave coarsely chopped chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk in 2 cups sugar and eggs, whisking until blended; stir in flour, stirring just until blended. Spoon batter into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven, and cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Pierce brownie multiple times using the tines of a fork. Pour coffee mixture over brownie. Let cool on wire rack 1 hour or until completely cool.
- 5. Whisk together remaining 1/4 cup sugar, mascarpone cheese, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture.
- 6. Crumble half of brownies, and divide evenly among 6 (8-oz.) glasses. Spoon half of mascarpone cheese mixture over brownies. Repeat procedure with remaining brownies and mascarpone cheese mixture.
- 7. Chop remaining half of chocolate bar into thin shreds. Sprinkle chocolate and pecans over mascarpone cheese mixture. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Kahlúa for coffee liqueur.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts