- 1 cup(s) Self-Rising Flour, Sifted If Possible
- 1/2 cup(s) Sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup(s) Milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) Oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla
- 1 cup(s) Chopped Nuts, Optional
- Liquid Portion
- 3/4 cup(s) Sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Boiling Water
- Preheat to 350
- 1. Mix Flour, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder. Add milk, oil and vanilla and stir until smooth. Add nuts if desired. Pour into an 8 inch ungreased 9x9 cake pan.
- 2. In a separate bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa powder . Gradually stir in boiling water. Pour liquid over batter.
- 3. Bake for 30 minutes or until cake is set. There will be a liquid layer in the bottom. Let sit for 5 minuted and serve with vanilla ice cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferschorus and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note