- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 (1-oz.) unsweetened chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
How to Make It
Combine butter, unsweetened chocolate, and 1 1/2 cups chocolate morsels in a large heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter and chocolate melt; cool.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer. Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture, beating well. Add chocolate mixture; beat well. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups chocolate morsels and pecans.
Drop dough by 2 tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.