Photo: Johnny Miller; Styling: Sarah Smart
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 21.9g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Calcium: 3mg
- 1 (13.2-ounce) package refrigerated French bread dough (such as Pillsbury Simply Rustic French Bread)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Remove dough from package. Place dough on a lightly floured surface; lightly dust dough with flour. Cut dough in half crosswise; cut each half lengthwise into 4 strips to form 8 strips total. Working with 1 strip at a time, stretch strip gently to extend length; tie in a knot, tucking the ends under. Arrange the knots 3 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden.
- 4. While rolls bake, melt butter in a small skillet. Cook until bubbly and lightly browned (about 2 minutes). Add sage and garlic to pan; cook 1 minute or until fragrant. Brush butter mixture over hot rolls; sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Version 1 Double-Sesame Rolls: Prepare Browned-Butter Rolls through step 3. Brush 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil over hot rolls; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds and 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt. SERVES 8 (serving size: 1 roll) CALORIES 134; FAT 3.6g (sat 0.8g); SODIUM 300mg
- Version 2 Bacon & Gruyère Rolls: Prepare Browned-Butter Rolls through step 2. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded Gruyère cheese and 2 finely chopped uncooked bacon slices. Bake. SERVES 8 (serving size: 1 roll) CALORIES 137; FAT 3.2g (sat 1.3g); SODIUM 318mg
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note