Browned Butter and Hazelnut Mashed Potatoes
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 384
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 8.7g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Sodium: 326mg
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold or russet potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk, warmed to steaming
- 1 container (7 oz.) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Put potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced, about 15 minutes. Drain; return to pot.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, cook hazelnuts over medium heat, stirring often, until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add butter and cook, stirring frequently, until butter is golden brown and flecked with brown bits and hazelnuts are dark brown, about 5 minutes. Pour hot hazelnut mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- 3. Mash hot potatoes. Add milk, yogurt, salt, and pepper, mashing to blend. Transfer to a serving bowl and spoon about half the warm hazelnut mixture over the top; serve the rest on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables