- 2 (16-ounce) packages prepared gnocchi (such as Gia Russa)
- 5 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1.5 ounces shaved fresh pecorino Romano cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- calories 368
- fat 12.8 g
- satfat 3.8 g
- monofat 5.1 g
- polyfat 2.2 g
- protein 7.9 g
- carbohydrate 56.6 g
- fiber 5.7 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 614 mg
- calcium 104 mg
How to Make It
Cook gnocchi in a large Dutch oven according to package directions. Add broccoli during last minute of cooking; cook 1 minute. Drain.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter and oil; cook 7 minutes or until butter browns. Add gnocchi mixture and pepper to pan; toss to coat. Spoon about 1 1/2 cups gnocchi mixture into each of 6 shallow bowls. Sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons pine nuts and about 2 teaspoons cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.