I bake a lot and simply put, this is the best frosting I've ever made. Period!
Browned Butter-Cinnamon-Cream Cheese Frosting
Photo: Jennifer Davick
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (16-oz.) packages powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Cook butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until butter begins to turn golden brown. Immediately remove from heat. Pour butter into a bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour or until butter is cool and begins to solidify.
- 2. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note