I bake a lot and simply put, this is the best frosting I've ever made. Period!
Browned Butter-Cinnamon-Cream Cheese Frosting
Browned Butter-Cinnamon-Cream Cheese Frosting might just become your new go-to frosting for all of your favorite confections.
This recipe goes with Chocolate Velvet Cupcakes
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (16-oz.) packages powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Cook butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until butter begins to turn golden brown. Immediately remove from heat. Pour butter into a bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour or until butter is cool and begins to solidify.
- 2. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings