Browned Butter Bananas with Toasted Pecans
Photo: Levi Brown
More From Coastal Living
Total: 23 Minutes
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons light or dark rum
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 bananas, cut in half crosswise and lengthwise
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Add milk, rum, and lemon zest; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook 5 minutes, swirling pan until butter just starts to turn golden.
- 3. Place bananas in butter, cut sides down, and cook 2 minutes. Turn bananas, and cook 1 minute. Divide bananas evenly among 4 serving plates.
- 4. Pour reserved powdered sugar mixture into same skillet. Increase heat to medium; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat; stir in pecan halves. Pour sauce evenly over bananas; top with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts