I don't know what is going wrong with my attempts at baking this tart. I've tried to make the crust twice now and it's fallen apart both times
Brown Sugar Strawberry Tart
This recipe is so simple that you'll find yourself getting creative with the berries you put on the top. The combination of the brown sugar crust, creamy filling and sweet fruit topping make this the perfect summertime treat.
More From Sunset
Cool Time: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 310
- Calories from fat: 66%
- Protein: 2.8g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 48mg
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 12 ounces strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a food processor, whirl flour, 2 tbsp. sugar, the cornstarch, and salt until combined. Add butter and 1/2 tsp. vanilla and pulse until fine crumbs form and dough just begins to come together. Press evenly into bottom and up sides of a 9-in. round tart pan with a removable rim.
- 2. Bake until edges are golden, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool on a rack, then gently push tart crust from pan rim; set on a plate.
- 3. In a bowl with a mixer on high speed, beat crème fraîche, cream, remaining 2 tbsp. sugar, and remaining 1/2 tsp. vanilla until thick. Spread in cooled crust. Arrange strawberries in circles on top, alternating cut sides down and up.
- Make ahead: Chill, loosely covered, up to 4 hours.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note