Brown Sugar Shortbread
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white sparkling sugar
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until smooth. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 2-inch tree-shaped cutter; place 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden; cool on baking sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts