Brown Sugar Rosemary Walnuts
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar or natural cane sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) sea salt fine grain
- 1 teaspoon(s) rosemary leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) sesame seeds
- 2 Large egg whites
- 1 pound(s) walnut halves shelled
- 1/3 cup(s) dried figs chopped; stems trimmed
- Preheat oven with racks in the center to 300F. Then line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, salt, rosemary, and sesame seeds.
- Now, in a large bowl whisk the egg whites a bit (just to loosen them up). Add the walnuts, and figs to the whites and toss until they are evenly coated (it will take a minute or so). Sprinkle the sugar-spice mixture over the nuts and toss (really well) again.
- Split the nuts between the two prepared backing sheets in a single layer, separating them the best you can.
- Bake for ~25 minutes or until the walnuts are toasted golden and the coating is no longer wet. Cool for a few minutes, then slide the parchment/nuts off the hot baking sheets onto a cool surface to cool completely. These will keep for a week or so in a an airtight container or baggie.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by curquhart and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note