Brown Sugar Rosemary Walnuts
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar or natural cane sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) sea salt fine grain
- 1 teaspoon(s) rosemary leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) sesame seeds
- 2 Large egg whites
- 1 pound(s) walnut halves shelled
- 1/3 cup(s) dried figs chopped; stems trimmed
- Preheat oven with racks in the center to 300F. Then line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, salt, rosemary, and sesame seeds.
- Now, in a large bowl whisk the egg whites a bit (just to loosen them up). Add the walnuts, and figs to the whites and toss until they are evenly coated (it will take a minute or so). Sprinkle the sugar-spice mixture over the nuts and toss (really well) again.
- Split the nuts between the two prepared backing sheets in a single layer, separating them the best you can.
- Bake for ~25 minutes or until the walnuts are toasted golden and the coating is no longer wet. Cool for a few minutes, then slide the parchment/nuts off the hot baking sheets onto a cool surface to cool completely. These will keep for a week or so in a an airtight container or baggie.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by curquhart and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes