Brown Sugar Pound Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) (2 sticks) butter softened
- 2 1/2 cup(s) plus 3 T all purpose flour divided
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 2 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup(s) evaporated milk
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) rum or 1 tsp rum extract
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9 in. (10 cup) tube pan and flour with 3 T flour. Sift remaining 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl. Beat butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add brown sugar gradually and continue beating until light and loose, about 4-5 min. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with 1 cup evaporated milk. Stir in rum until just mixed. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 min. or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Invert onto plate, dust with powdered sugar.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Toniahooper and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brown Sugar Pound Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings