Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- Brown Sugar Frosting
- Combine shortening and butter in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition. Stir in flavoring.
- Pour batter into a well greased 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely. Spread Brown Sugar Frosting over top of cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note