Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- Brown Sugar Frosting
- Combine shortening and butter in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition. Stir in flavoring.
- Pour batter into a well greased 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely. Spread Brown Sugar Frosting over top of cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings