Brown Sugar Honey-Crusted Ham
- 1 (8-pound) smoked ham half (shank end)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Garnishes: lady apples and kumquats
- Remove skin and excess fat from ham. Place ham, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Brush honey all over ham. Combine brown sugar and next 3 ingredients; pat sugar mixture over honey, coating ham thoroughly. Bake, uncovered, for 1 more hour or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of ham registers 140°. Remove to a serving platter. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes