I have been serving this salmon for years to my guests. It displays beautifully with a mahogany color. Everyone raves. The only difference is that I leave out the thyme. I have made it with and without thyme and my family agrees it is better without. Since salmon tends to burn easily on the grill, I use the lowest setting, starting with the flesh side down. I brush a bit of grapeseed oil on the flesh before I place on the grill to ease any sticking problems. I have cooked this salmon up to 1 hour before guests arrive, leaving it slightly undercooked and place in a 125 degree oven to keep warm (delicious served lukewarm.) I have also made this in the oven, broiling first and then finishing in the oven. Enjoy.
Brown Sugar Grilled Salmon
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 (2-pound) salmon fillet, cut into portions
- Combine first 4 ingredients. Rub spice mixture over all sides of salmon; let stand 10 minutes.
- Grill salmon over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note