I have made this a couple of times and it's so good. I always use Kahlua and usually serve with strawberries, pineapple, and seedless grapes. Rather than using frozen whipped topping, we make our own with just simple heavy cream - no sugar added.
Brown Sugar Fruit Dip
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Chill: 4 Hours
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur (optional)
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Garnish: brown sugar
- Assorted fruit
- 1. Beat brown sugar and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sour cream, vanilla, and, if desired, coffee liqueur, beating until blended and smooth; fold in whipped topping. Cover and chill 4 hours. Garnish, if desired. Serve with assorted fruit.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Kahlúa for coffee liqueur.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers