This dip is quick and easy to make which is always a big plus in my book. However, I found it to be extremely sweet, and coupled with ripe, sweet fruit (pineapple and grapes) it was too much for me. I ate it with salty pita chips and enjoyed it a lot more. With that said, I brought home an empty bowl from the party because everyone else LOVED it. I mean really loved it - and three people asked for the recipe. So I will be making it again :). I didn't add in any liqueur, and also used whipped cream from a can (Redi-whip) instead of Coolwhip.
Brown Sugar Fruit Dip
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Chill: 4 Hours
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur (optional)
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Garnish: brown sugar
- Assorted fruit
- 1. Beat brown sugar and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sour cream, vanilla, and, if desired, coffee liqueur, beating until blended and smooth; fold in whipped topping. Cover and chill 4 hours. Garnish, if desired. Serve with assorted fruit.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Kahlúa for coffee liqueur.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note