This was easy, quick and much better than plain powder sugar frosting. I didn't have the corn syrup and it worked fine. I also added in a little caramel flavoring. I really liked it.
Brown Sugar Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and cream of tartar; bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes. (Do not stir.) Remove from heat; stir in powdered sugar, whipping cream, and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Spread on cupcakes immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This