Brown Sugar-Frosted Cupcakes
We generously frosted 2 dozen cupcakes with Brown Sugar Frosting. Freeze any extra unfrosted cupcakes.
Yield: 3 dozen
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Brown Sugar Frosting
- Beat shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to shortening mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in extracts. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin pans, filling them half full.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Remove and cool on wire racks. Spread with Brown Sugar Frosting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This