Brown Sugar French Toast
Try this sweet, Brown Sugar French Toast for a unbeatable breakfast.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place first 3 ingredients in medium-size saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Spray 13"x9" baking dish with non-stick vegetable oil. Pour hot mixture into baking dish. Place sliced bread over mixture and push bread slices closely together.
- Beat eggs; add milk and vanilla and mix slightly. Pour egg mixture over bread, covering each slice well.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. The next morning, uncover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brown Sugar French Toast Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch