Brown Sugar Cookies
When real butter and dark brown sugar blend and bake, you get these crisp praline-tasting cookies.
Yield: about 2 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Decorator sugar
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add brown sugar, beating well. Add egg and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt; add to butter mixture, beating just until blended.
- Roll dough to 1/4" thickness between two sheets of wax paper. Cut with 4" cookie cutters. Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle cookies with decorator sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies cool 1 minute on cookie sheets, and carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts