This recipe is dry and crumbly...I used my stand mixer and it shook pretty hard at the 3rd cup of flour. I quickly added another egg and DID NOT add the extra 1/3 cup of flour the recipe called for. I give it 2 stars because it was not a pliable cookie dough. With the extra egg and less the flour, I formed dough balls and flatten with my fingertips, pressed a pecan half on top, baked at 350 degrees for 13 minutes...turned out perfect cookies!
Brown Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add brown sugar, beating well. Add egg and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt; add to butter mixture, beating just until blended.
- Use dough as directed above, or use to make cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This