Brown Sugar Caramel Icing
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil and sugar is dissolved. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (240°).
- Let cool slightly; add butter and vanilla, and beat until spreading consistency.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This