Brown Sugar-Butternut Pie
Almost any mashed winter squash, including canned pumpkin, will work in this pie.
Yield: 8 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 238
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 41.6g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 167mg
- Calcium: 156mg
- 22 gingersnaps (about 5.5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1 small)
- 3/4 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare the crust, place the cookies in a food processor, and process until finely ground (to yield about 1 cup). Add the granulated sugar and butter, and pulse 8 times or until combined. Press crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 6 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling, place water and squash in a microwave-safe dish. Cover with wax paper; microwave at high 12 minutes or until very tender, stirring after 6 minutes. Drain and mash.
- Combine the squash and the next 8 ingredients (squash through eggs) in a medium saucepan. Cook mixture over medium heat until thick (about 8 minutes), stirring constantly with a whisk. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until set; cool pie on a wire rack. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon whipped topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brown Sugar-Butternut Pie Recipe at a Glance