This was a simple cake that was loved by everyone!
Brown Sugar-Buttermilk Pound Cakes
More From Southern Living
Bake: 55 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- PAM For Baking No Stick Cooking Spray
- 1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- 2. Stir together buttermilk and baking soda. Combine flour and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir in vanilla.
- 3. Spray 5 (5 3/4- x 3 1/4-inch) disposable foil loaf pans with baking spray. Pour batter evenly into pans (about 1 cup batter in each pan).
- 4. Bake at 325° for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts