- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 6 large fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 (4-inch) rosemary sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 to 12 (6- to 8-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
Stir together first 7 ingredients and 2 qt. water in a large stockpot. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until salt and sugar dissolve. Remove from heat, and cool 1 hour. Place chicken breasts in brine; cover and chill 1 to 3 hours.
Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Drain chicken, discarding brine. Pat chicken dry with paper towels, and sprinkle with desired amount of black pepper. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Note: This brine will season up to 12 chicken breasts.