- 1 (16-ounce) package light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) package almond brickle chips (see Note)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
How to Make It
Cook brown sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to sugar mixture, stirring well. Stir in brickle chips, pecans, and vanilla.
Pour batter into a greased 13" x 9" pan. Bake at 350° for 30 to 32 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Note: Find almond brickle chips next to chocolate morsels on the baking aisle.