It was very sweet and I'd probably put a little bit less brandy in it next time, but it was yummy on vanilla ice cream
Brown Sugar and Brandy Date Sauce
Sweet dates, warmed and coated in a quick caramel sauce, come out tasting like British sticky-toffee pudding. This can easily be made ahead and rewarmed when you're ready to serve.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 297
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 7.3g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sodium: 68mg
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups halved and pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Vanilla ice cream
- Toasted pecan halves
- 1. Melt butter with sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium frying pan over high heat. Add dates and 1/2 cup water and cook until mixture is simmering and comes together into a sauce, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Remove pan from heat and carefully add brandy. Stir to combine. Serve over scoops of vanilla ice cream with pecans.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/3-cup serving date sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note