We served the ham at a family gathering on Sunday. A BIG HIT! It will now be our regular Easter Sunday dinner for years to come. Served it with twice baked potatoes and grilled red peppers, asparagus, carrots and zucchini. The only change to the ham was we used Southern Comfort instead of regular bourbon. Yum!
Brown Sugar-Bourbon-Glazed Ham
Choose a bone-in half-ham brined with natural juices. Leaving a thin layer of fat after trimming amps up the flavor and keeps the meat moist.
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1 (6- to 8-lb.) fully cooked, bone-in ham
- 48 whole cloves
- 1 (16-oz.) package light brown sugar
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup cola soft drink
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove skin from ham, and trim fat to 1/4-inch thickness. Make shallow cuts in fat 3/4 inch apart in a diamond pattern.
- 2. Insert cloves in centers of diamonds. Place ham in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Stir together brown sugar and next 3 ingredients; spoon mixture over ham.
- 3. Bake at 350° on lowest oven rack 2 hours and 30 minutes, basting slowly with pan juices every 15 to 20 minutes. Remove ham from oven, and let stand 20 minutes before slicing, basting occasionally with pan juices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note