I prepared this for my family Christmas dinner! A BIG hit! Here is what I changed. I used a Smithfield Fire Glazed Ham with Honey. I did not use the cloves and used Early Times Whiskey with Coke. I did everything else exactly as directed. Amazing flavor - my sister who is a true metric for "wow - that is good" even asked for the recipe! Easy to prepare and the best ham I have ever tasted!
Brown Sugar-Bourbon-Glazed Ham
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1 (6- to 8-lb.) fully cooked, bone-in ham
- 48 whole cloves
- 1 (16-oz.) package light brown sugar
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup cola soft drink
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove skin from ham, and trim fat to 1/4-inch thickness. Make shallow cuts in fat 3/4 inch apart in a diamond pattern.
- 2. Insert cloves in centers of diamonds. Place ham in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Stir together brown sugar and next 3 ingredients; spoon mixture over ham.
- 3. Bake at 350° on lowest oven rack 2 hours and 30 minutes, basting slowly with pan juices every 15 to 20 minutes. Remove ham from oven, and let stand 20 minutes before slicing, basting occasionally with pan juices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes