I made this for Easter, exactly per the recipe. I gotta admit, I was leery of the strange concoction of ingredients, but BOY was it a hit! Everyone loved it!
Brown Sugar-Bourbon Baked Ham
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine
More From Southern Living
Stand: 20 Minutes
- 1 (6- to 8-lb.) fully cooked, bone-in ham
- 48 whole cloves
- 1 (16-oz.) package light brown sugar
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup cola soft drink
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- Garnish: fresh bay leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove skin from ham, and trim fat to 1/4-inch thickness. Make shallow cuts in fat 3/4 inch apart in a diamond pattern. Insert cloves in centers of diamonds. Place ham in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 2. Stir together brown sugar and next 3 ingredients; spoon mixture over ham.
- 3. Bake at 350° on lowest oven rack 2 hours and 30 minutes, basting with pan juices every 15 to 20 minutes. Remove ham from oven, and let stand 20 minutes before slicing. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This