I picked this recipe because I had a lot of leftover brown sugar from the holidays. This was very easy to make and I have made it four times already and it has turn out delicious every time. My kids loved it!
Brown Sugar Bars
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Powdered sugar
- Stir together butter and brown sugar. Add egg, stirring until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to egg mixture, stirring well. Stir in vanilla and pecans. Pour mixture into a greased and floured 8-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts