I decided to serve this over a sliced of pound cake which I felt made it much more substantial. We served it to 3 different couples over consecutive nights and all were very pleased. Definitely worthy to be a "keeper". David2 Hendersonville, NC
Brown Sugar-Baked Pineapple
We love the combination of the warm baked pineapple and cold ice cream in this dessert. The sweet pineapple is also great on top of pound cake and other desserts.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
Broil: 17 Minutes
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 fresh pineapples, peeled and cored
- 4 cups light vanilla ice cream
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut each pineapple into 8 (3/4- to 1-inch-thick) slices.
- Place pineapple slices on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, and pour honey mixture evenly over top. Broil 3 inches from heat 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with ice cream.
- Note: For nutritional analysis, we used Breyers All Natural Light Creamy Vanilla ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note