Followed recipe exactly. Very cake like texture. Sticky to drop on sheet. Kind of bland. Needs something, not sure what. Sweet enough though. Not attractive cookie to give at holiday time. My husband liked it, would be good with coffee in the morning. I would not make again.
Brown Sugar-Apple Cookies
Savor the flavors of fall with these cinnamon-spiced Brown Sugar-Apple Cookies.
Yield: Makes 3 1/2 to 4 dozen.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- Mix together all ingredients, stirring in apples last. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note