Brown Sugar and Ginger Spice Cakes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) each baking soda and kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1 cup(s) unsalted butter
- 2 cup(s) packed dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup(s) very thinly sliced crystallized ginger
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 pans with spray.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- With electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffly, add eggs one at a time and then vanilla. Mixer on low, alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk,
- mixing just until incoroated.
- Divide into 2 pans, smooth tops and sprinkle with sliced ginger.
- Bake 50-60 min. Let cool in pans 10 min. before transferring to wire rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ncarli and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brown Sugar and Ginger Spice Cakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads